CEO, Founder and Editor, Sarah Leamy, is a writer, cartoonist, editor, publisher, and auto-journalist based in New Mexico while pursuing her MFA in Writing. Born in England, she has spent most of her life in the Southwest of the USA after exploring Europe in her early twenties and the States in her thirties. She’s had three novels published and winning NM/AZ awards as well as her travel memoirs, Van Life and Bring a Chainsaw doing well. Her work (a mix shorts, book reviews, poems) has been recently published in Hunger Mountain, Santa Fe Project Quarterly, National Book Review Circle, Bunbury Magazine, Dunes Review, The Best of NM Poets and Devil’s Press anthology amongst others.
- Overland Expo West, Flagstaff, AZ. May 2019: Panelist (Overland Travel as Women, The Art of Solo Travel, Budget Tips, Exploring Continental US.)
- ASU. Tempe, AZ. Feb 2019: Fiction Writing Craft.
- VCFA. Montpelier, VT, July 2019: Fiction Writing Craft.
- Creative Writing Coach, freelance/ online. 2016-ongoing
- Creative Writer Mentor for AWP. Fall 2018
- Writing Group, Madrid, NM; Facilitator of a monthly fiction writers’ workshop. NM. 2018-ongoing
- Northwest Overland Rally in Washington State. 2016/ 2017: Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: On Solo Travel, Women Travellers, Travel with Pets.
- Overland Expo West in Arizona. May 2017. Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: On Solo Travel, Women Travellers, Travel with Pets.
- Overland Expo West in Arizona. May 2016. Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: On Solo Travel, Women Travellers, Travel with Pets.
- Workshops in Clowning/ Circus/ Vaudeville/ Juggling in NM, MI, and CA since 1994.
- Dolphin Private School, Santa Fe, NM. 1994-5. Photography teacher.
Book Awards include:
- Van Life: Travelogue. Best Nonfiction and Grand Winner in Great Northwest Book Contest 2017 and Finalist in NM/AZ 2018.
- When No One’s Looking: Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2016
- Lucky Find: Finalist in Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2013
- Lucky Shot: Novel, Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2012.
- Lucky Shot: Finalist for Royal Dragonfly Contest 2012
- Book Award for a travelogue about an adventure in the mountains of Wales, age 12