Wanderlust and Wild Dog Press are offering a publishing contract for an inspiring first person travel memoir, one that gets others to step outside their comfort zones, onto the road, and ready to explore the people and places in this wide world of ours. Take us with you, be kind, be vulnerable, and write well!
Our sister organisation, WILD DOG PRESS, will publish a full-length travel memoir, and we offfer you a 15% royalty contract, plus shared marketing, promotion and submissions to at least three book award contests and/or travel trade shows such as Overland Expo. Let’s work together to get your work out there.
The final judge for the 2022 WANDERLUST TRAVELOGUE is Carla King.
Carla is a world explorer who likes to bicycle, motorcycle, hike, paddle board, kayak, snorkel, dive and write about it for those who want to follow and others who say uh uh, not going there. She is most often found roaming the backroads, trails, and kelp beds of Santa Cruz, California and along the west coast of America north to Oregon and south to Baja.
This call is open to any author writing in English. Individual essays from the manuscript may have been published previously in magazines, chapbooks of less than 48 pages, or anthologies, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Translations and previously published collections are not eligible. To avoid conflict of interest, close friends of our judge or current editorial team are not eligible.
- Manuscript must be ANONYMOUS—the author’s name or address must not appear anywhere on the manuscript (title page should contain the title only so make it a good one)
- Must be typed, standard font, 12 pt., if printed must be on standard white printer paper, unbound (binder clip or rubber bands preferred)
- Minimum length 60,000 words.
- Manuscript must be paginated consecutively with a table of contents and acknowledgements page (a list of publications in which poems in the manuscript have appeared)
- Must be accompanied by a $25 submission fee
Multiple submissions are permitted if submitted separately, each with a submission fee. Once submitted, manuscripts cannot be altered. Winner will be given the opportunity to make changes before publication. Simultaneous submissions to other publishers are permitted, but please withdraw your submission if accepted elsewhere.
Wild Dog Press/ Wanderlust Journal considers all submissions for publication.