Founder and Editor, Sarah Leamy, is a writer, cartoonist, editor, publisher, and auto-journalist based in New Mexico while pursuing her MFA in Writing. Born in England, she has spent most of her life in the Southwest of the USA after exploring Europe in her early twenties and the States in her thirties. Two of her novels have won Best Gay Fiction in the NM/AZ Book Awards and Van Life, a travelogue, was named Grand Winner in the Northwest Book Contest of 2017. Vermont College of Fine Arts gave Sarah the Director’s Award in 2017 as well as the Vermont Book Award Fellowship for 2017/8. She’s also been awarded a scholarship for the Post-Graduate Writer’s Conference in Vermont 2018 and two Merit Scholarships for her MFA in Writing. AWP has selected her for the Mentorship Program in 2018.
Her work (a mix shorts, book reviews, poems) has been recently published in Hunger Mountain, Santa Fe Project Quarterly, National Book Review Circle, Bunbury Magazine, and was a finalist and honorable mention with Glimmer Train twice in 2018, and also in the top five for a contest with Writing by Writers. Another short piece from this collection is to be in an anthology by Devil’s Party Press in 2019.
- Overland Expo West, Flagstaff, AZ. May 2019: Panelist (Overland Travel as Women, The Art of Solo Travel, Budget Tips, Exploring Continental US.)
- ASU. Tempe, AZ. Feb 2019: Fiction Writing Craft.
- VCFA. Montpelier, VT, July 2019: Fiction Writing Craft.
- Creative Writing Coach, freelance/ online. 2016-ongoing
- Creative Writer Mentor for AWP. Fall 2018
- Writing Group, Madrid, NM; Facilitator of a monthly fiction writers’ workshop. NM. 2018-ongoing
- Northwest Overland Rally in Washington State. 2016/ 2017: Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: On Solo Travel, Women Travellers, Travel with Pets.
- Overland Expo West in Arizona. May 2017. Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: On Solo Travel, Women Travellers, Travel with Pets.
- Overland Expo West in Arizona. May 2016. Teacher/ Instructor/ Panelist: On Solo Travel, Women Travellers, Travel with Pets.
- Workshops in Clowning/ Circus/ Vaudeville/ Juggling in NM, MI, and CA since 1994.
- Dolphin Private School, Santa Fe, NM. 1994-5. Photography teacher.
- Merit Scholarship MFA Writing, VCFA. 2019
- Mentor for AWP Writer to Writer Program, Fall 2018
- Van Life, finalist in the 2018 NM/AZ Book Awards.
- Full Teaching Fellowship, Arizona State University Writing Conference, Feb 2019
- Post Graduate Writer’s Conference Scholarship, 2018
- AWP Writer to Writer Mentorship Program, Spring 2018 (as a mentee)
- Merit scholarship for MFA in Writing, 2018
- Finalist for Writing By Writers Residency, 2018
- Vermont Book Award Fellowship, 2017-8
- Director’s Award, Vermont College of Fine Art, 2017
- Van Life: Travelogue. Best Nonfiction and Grand Winner in Great Northwest Book Contest 2017
- When No One’s Looking: Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2016
- Lucky Find: Finalist in Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2013
- Lucky Shot: Novel, Best Gay Fiction AZ/NM Book Awards 2012.
- Lucky Shot: Finalist for Royal Dragonfly Contest 2012
- Book Award for a travelogue about an adventure in the mountains of Wales, age 12
- AWP 2019, Portland: Reading flash fiction with Mentorship Program
- AWP 2019, Portland, Reading prose poems with VCFA off-site
- University of South Dakota Writer’s Conference. Reading short stories. Oct 2018
- Short story: http://200wordshortstory.org/letting-go-in-russia-story-by-sarah-leamy/
- Jazz Poem reading: VCFA. Aug 2018
- Spoken word performance, Montpelier, VT. July 2018
- Honorable Mention Glimmer Train’s new writer contest, 2018
- Flash fiction published in Bunbury Magazine in UK, 2018
- Book Reviews in SF Writer’s Quarterly, Hunger Mountain, National Book Critics Circle, and Medium.com
- Top 25 Finalist Glimmer Train Short-short story contest, 2018
- Rovers North: regular columnist/ profiles 2018
- http://www.Wanderlust-Journal.com: writer, editor, social media, web developer 2018
- Hunger Mountain: interviews, reviews, web developer 2017-8
- Classic Land Rover: photographer, profiles, columnist, 2017-8
- Freelance articles/ photographs in the following: Rover’s North, Madison Edge WI, The Pink Paper London, The Eldorado Sun, NM, and the Circus News, CA, Land Rover Owners International, Madrid Artist Quarterly, Fempotential.com, and The Examiner.com.
- When No One’s Looking: Eloquent Books 2010/ republished 2016
- Lucky Shot: SBG Press, 2012
- Lucky Find:Blue Mesa Books, 2013
- Living the Dream: Self-pub 2015
- Bring A Chainsaw: Self-pub, 2016
- Van Life: Self-pub, 2017
- Documentary Photography shows, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and London
- Wrote, performed, produced hour-long solo monologue/ vaudeville shows. (1997-2008)
- San Francisco Circus School: studied, wrote, performed, and produced her own material as well as part of group acts/ Circus shows. (2007-8)